Friday, July 10, 2009

Buddhist, Christian Dialogue in Barnes and Noble



While at a local bookstore, I noticed that the all-important philosophy section had moved. But I could not find it. So, I asked a salesperson where it was. As she guided me there, I said, "Just when you think you really know a bookstore, it changes." She replied, "That's an object lesson in Buddhism: everything is span class="blsp-spelling-corrected" id="SPELLING_ERROR_0"impermanent/span." After a pause, I said, "Well, not everything is impermanent." She said, "Name one thing that is not impermanent." "God," I announced. She said, "Well, you are right about that."div class="blogger-post-footer"img width='1' height='1' src='https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/tracker/14410967-5799868731207106918?l=theconstructivecurmudgeon.blogspot.com'//div

technorati tags:
| |
More at: News 2 Cromley

No comments: