Friday, June 26, 2009

Kicked Out of Parliament



Just a short note to say that I've been kicked out of the parliament today for the stupidest of reasons by the Deputy Speaker, Datuk Wan Junaidi.br /br /The flash reports in The Star and Malaysiakini is just a little inaccurate, saying that I've been kicked out for refusing to sit when seeking clarification from Pasir Salak who was speaking.br /br /Sequence of events:br /br /Pasir Salak talks about Ong Tee Keat having already answered his questions on PKFZ. He follows that up with the fact that Proton is of such importance and is a critical success for Malaysia.br /br /I stood up during that time to seek clarification. I remained standing while waiting for a signal from Pasir Salak whether I can or cannot interject. No signals from him.br /br /After a couple of minutes, the Deputy Speaker got upset for one reason or other with me standing (I was the only one) and asked me to sit.span class="fullpost"br /br /I replied that I'm standing to seek clarification, (and that's the protocol in parliament). I said that if Pasir Salak refuses to let me interject, I will sit. But he hasn't made known his intentions, so I wait.br /br /The Deputy Speaker then went ahead to scold me for standing, telling me that it is Pasir Salak's floor. I told the speaker, I'm fully aware it is his floor, hence I stand up politely (e.g., without banging tables or shouting) to wait for him to provide me the opportunity to ask my questions.br /br /The Deputy Speaker then scolded me again, to say that when the Speaker ask me to sit, I must listen to the speaker and sit. br /br /I responded that if the Speaker asks me to sit, I will obey and sit. But please do not scold me for standing up to seek clarification, because I am not in the wrong. I asked him to be fair to me.br /br /The Deputy Speaker then sternly asked me to sit. I sat i.e., I obeyed his instructions contrary to what he explained to the press.br /br /Then the Deputy Speaker went on to make some unfair, cryptic remarks about misbehaving MPs etc (details which I'll get from the Hansard tomorrow) and I got upset.br /br /I stood up again to say that his remarks were extremely unfair and uncalled for as I was not in the wrong at all. br /br /The Deputy Speaker then suspended me for the day. I can only assume that it was because he couldn't stand losing face on the argument.br /br /I shall end here for now and keep the rude language to myself./spandiv class="blogger-post-footer"img width='1' height='1' src='https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/tracker/37045477-4824020801796473124?l=tonypua.blogspot.com'//div

technorati tags:
| |
More at: News 2 Cromley

No comments: