Thursday, December 25, 2008

Challenges aside, I am a believer....



.... although the what I believe is something that sometimes sets my priest's teeth on edge.

Still, it is an important day for family and friends, especially in these times, even if you don't subscribe to the Incarnation.

I am with my family in Virginia, now, and the presents have mostly been opened. My wife and grandson are taking a Christmas swim.

To all my friends, both meatspace and virtual, I'd like to send all the best for you and yours.

I particularly want send my prayers to Dominique and her family, to Donviti and his, and to Brian Shields as well. All are struggling with their own tragedies or hard times, and yet all continue to reach out to others.

I am sure the next year will be one of ups, downs, and struggles with practicality, ideology, the economy, and all our own personal agendas.

But if you stop here, even occasionally, I wish you well, even if you come by only to poke a stick into the bars.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Feliz Navidad, Happy Kwaanza, and whatever else might be appropriate.

Even if you don't happen to be a Christian, I have a difficult time figuring anyone will be insulted by the message:

Peace on Earth, and good will to all people.

technorati tags:
| |
More at: News 2 Cromley

No comments: